Divorce Modification Attorney Salem and Haverhill

When a family is going through divorce, things are very unsettled. Let’s face it, circumstances are going to change dramatically. A parent may need to relocate due to a job, or a parent may require a modification of a child support order due to a decrease in income. At the Law Offices of Kenneth E. Lindauer, we are focused on achieving fair, sensible solutions for our clients.

Talk to us about our affordable payment options

Free initial consultation about your post-divorce and family law needs.

Contact our family law offices in Salem or Haverhill, Massachusetts, to discuss custody or divorce modifications with a dedicated lawyer.

We’re Here to Help Modify Your Court Order

Our law firm assists clients with various custody-related and divorce modifications, including:

  • Child custody and visitation modifications: As children grow older, they have different needs and become involved in different activities. It makes perfect sense that court orders involving time spent with the children should reflect these changes. We assist families with modifications in order to ensure that all current orders/arrangements reflect the true needs of the children and the status of the family. Modifications of child custody or visitation may also be warranted in situations where the current arrangement negatively affects the child’s physical, mental, emotional, or moral health.
  • Child support modifications: If there has been a substantial change in income, it may be necessary to request a modification of child support payments. Generally, the courts will view a 20 percent increase or decrease in income as a substantial change that would warrant modification.
  • Other divorce modifications: At the Law Offices of Kenneth E. Lindauer, we also handle post divorce modifications involving alimony/spousal support and any other family court order.

Relocation ∙ Move Aways

When a parent wishes to move to another state or even a different county, it is necessary for the parent to request permission from the court before the move. This is because any such move may impact the ability to maintain the current custody and visitation arrangement. It is necessary to prove that the move is necessary and would serve the child’s best interests.

For modification of an existing child custody order or other family court order, trust attorney Kenneth E. Lindauer. Our firm focuses on achieving results in an efficient and cost-effective manner. Contact us for legal advice in Massachusetts.